Re: How to interpret Cache-Control: no-cache="Set-Cookie"

From: Miguel A.L. Paraz <map@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 14:46:02 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Henrik Nordstrom wrote:
> As I read it it is ok to cache the page, except for the Set-Cookie
> headers.
>
> That is the Set-Cookie headers has to be removed before sent to another
> client.

That's where the problem lies... by the time httpParseReplyHeaders
studies the headers, we've already stored the object.

My rewriter code can take look out for the Cache-Control, but all it
can do is strip off the Set-Cookie. But if it does this, it will affect
both the object sent to the client, and the one stored on disk.

How do we change one but not the other?

Regards,

--
miguel a.l. paraz  <map@iphil.net>                              +63-2-893-0850