Re: Connection management

From: Henrik Nordström <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 1998 07:55:49 +0200

--MimeMultipartBoundary

Duane Wessels wrote:

> Henrik Nordstrom writes:
>
> >When playing around with large requests the old "TCP Reset" issue comes
> >to my mind again. We haven't done much to prevent them when closing
> >client connections.
> I added some optional code a while ago which makes a first attempt
> at this. Look for LINGERING_CLOSE in comm.c and client_side.c

Sorry, I didn't notice that piece of code.

This should be extended to not close the socket after the first packet,
and stop reading if read to much (requires a counter). The socket should
ONLY be closed when detecting client close or timeout.

setsockopt(..., SO_RCVBUF, ...) should be added as well to shrink the
TCP receive window.

A larger timeout than 10 seconds is probably needed to handle slow
connections (modems).

/Henrik

--MimeMultipartBoundary--