Re: what is squidng

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2000 06:47:48 +0800

On Thu, Oct 05, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Thanks for that. </curiosity>
> Well I for one won't be offended by linux centric discussions: I hack on
> squid on win32 & linux...
>
> If there is going to be a lot of linux-only development discussions (and
> some significant % of the squid-dev members object to that) then perhaps a
> squid-dev-linux list? Or open up squidng?
>
> However I am sure that kinkie who was recently tuning up performance on a
> big cache would appreciate knowing the reiserfs raw modes - and where
> there's one....

I found the reiserfs discussions interesting not from a reiserfs perspective
but from the buffer cache/syscall interface/disk layout perspective.
Personally, I still think a much simpler FS would suffice but since I'm busy
improving the *REST* of squid so a fast FS would be useful, I'm not going
to complain about other peoples work.. :-)

Adrian

--
Adrian Chadd			"If a butterfly flaps its wings in China,
<adrian@creative.net.au>	    will a woman get naked in Amsterdam?"