Re: Another question:

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:38:55 +0200

Robert Collins wrote:

> We seem to use strtok everywhere instead of strtok_r.
>
> Is there any benefit in using strtok_r instead? (given the long term issue
> re: threading/mutli-processes etc).

Not yet. Large parts of the code needs to be redesigned if a
multithreaded Squid is to become a reality. Local static variables is
used all over the place, and quite often as return buffers.

also, strtok_r is less portable than strtok.

I think the most likely path Squid will take for MP systems is a
multi-process path, not a multithreaded one. It is possible to get close
to the same performance, and a multi-process design has added value in
fault recovery.

/Henrik