Re: Transfer-encoding.

From: Adrian Chadd <adrian@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 19:39:22 +0800

On Mon, Nov 13, 2000, Robert Collins wrote:
> Just a note: the te branch is slightly broken at the moment, so I took the
> time to see the code when I was fixing my checked out branch...
>
> As a design decision, should squid be storing the te version of entities, or
> the 'identity' version? is the storeio interface up to storing te entities?
>
> The te branch seems to do all the decoding in client_side, which AFAIK means
> that the cached entity will be the te version.
>
> I think storing entities as a series of chunk-encoded sections might be very
> useful - ie for storing partial responses.
>
> Comments?

Yes, I think being able to store chunks of objects would be a big plus
here. I think I should consider this in the storage manager rewrite.
However, I don't know how long it'll be before I have a storage interface
ready to deal with this.

Hrm, what kind of interface would you need for storing TE entities?

--
Adrian Chadd			"God: Damn! I left pot everywhere!
<adrian@creative.net.au>	  Now I'll have to create Republicans!"