RE: libtool && automake

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:49:01 +0100

> So are the any reasons I shouldn't convert squid to automake ?
>
> What I suggest I do is, make a small branch, get automake
> integrated and
> tested across a few platforms (with some assistance from the peanut
> gallery :] ). Then if that looks good get it merged into HEAD, so that
> the generic modules patch will be simply adding libtool, rather than
> both at once.
>
> Thoughst?

It's OK for me.

About platforms testing: has anybody given thought about using SourceForge's
compile farm? It would be VERY interesting having a procedure, triggered by
checkins, that would attempt a compilation and show the results for
portability testings.

Roxen Internet Software (the makers of the Pike programming language I am
so fond of) have such a system in place, and I find it VERY useful.

--
	/kinkie