RE: [squid-users] WCCP Version implemented in Squid 2.4 and 2.5

From: David Luyer <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2002 17:03:30 +1000

That doesn't quite look "completed" yet, assuming the patch on the
webpage is the latest version - one key feature for WCCPv2
is handling a pool of caches and doing the allocation of hash buckets
between those caches. I was working on some code to do WCCPv2 as a
standalone daemon on each proxy (basically doing health checks just
like a normal layer 4 switch does) but have little time to work on
it/finish it, I believe Adrian is also working on something for squid
which is not yet ready for release either.

The reason I'm looking at a standalone perspective is to use WCCPv2 to
replace a layer 4 switch completely - not just web cache redirection
but generic TCP service redirection.

David.

--
David Luyer                                     Phone:   +61 3 9674 7525
Network Development Manager    P A C I F I C    Fax:     +61 3 9699 8693