Challenge/response password authentication failed

From: <ritesh1@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 04:58:54 -0700

hii,

I have installed samba-2.2.3a on my RedHat 7.3 system
,and we are running an NT primary domain controller for the user
authentication We wish to use winbind to authencate users when they login on
our linux
boxs,so if they have an account on the PDC then providing that service is
setup with pam to use windbind, then they can log into the Linux box's
using their NT passwds (as this will make setting up and looking after
passwords easier for ftp, ssh , mail users etc..)

The Story so far

 - i have configured nsswitch.conf file as (extract)

passwd: files winbind
shadow: files
group: files winbind

 - smb.conf file

workgroup = Masibus
server string = Samba Server

security = domain

winbind separator = +
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind enum users = yes
winbind enum groups = yes
template homedir = /home/winnt/%D/%U
template shell = /bin/bash

 - in pam.d/login

auth required /lib/security/pam_securetty.so
auth required /lib/securtiy/pam_nologin.so
auth sufficient /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth required /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass shadow
nullok

account required /lib/securtiy/pam_winbind.so
password required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session required /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
session optional /lib/security/pam_console.so

 - i am getting usernames and group names from wbinfo as
 masibus+....

 - wbinfo -t
    gives me : secret is good

 - wbinfo -a masibu\+ritesh%passadd

         plaintext password authentication succeeded
         challenge/response password authentication failed
         Could not authenticate user masibus+ritesh%passadd with
               challenge/response

this is the problem,,
i have read in squid FAQ that here both types of authentication should be
succeeded and i should get challenge/response password succeeded.

what should i do now?

Thanks in advance.

Dhaval