Re: SQUID Content Filtering

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:10:16 +0200 (CEST)

On Wed, 24 Aug 2005, Biswajit paul wrote:

> hi all,
> I guess, current implementation of Squid do filtering only on
> the HEADER part of HTTP request.
>
> I want to add a filtering module that can do filtering on the
> BODY of HTTP as well.I tried to explore SQUID code ( src/client_side.c
> ) but could not get much.

I think you should join forces with Duane and Alex in the ICAP project. By
ICAP squid gets opened in a very flexible manner to perform various forms
of filtering tasks.

ICAP works by having the proxy and filter components separate from each
other (possibly on different boxes), using a quite simple but yet
efficient TCP protocol to exchange the data.

Regards
Henrik