Re: Squid-2.6 snapshots request

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 23 May 2006 17:05:03 +0200

ons 2006-05-24 klockan 00:43 +1200 skrev Reuben Farrelly:
> Hi Henrik,
>
> Would you be able to set up a cron job to create 2.6 snapshots, the same as we
> do for 3.0?

As soon as the merge frenzy is over there will be a PRE release,
snapshots, version page, releae notes etc.. all the things you are used
to for a Squid release.

> http://www.squid-cache.org/Versions/v2/2.5/
>
> I find it useful to keep one or two snapshots aside in case I need to roll back
> if some breakage occurs in CVS.

rollback is trivial with CVS..

  cvs update -D 2006-05-22

(you can go down to minutes if you like..)

To go back to HEAD

  cvs update -r HEAD

> I'm using 2.6 from CVS now and it works pretty good, with the exception of
> WCCPv2 (which does not work at all here).

Please file a bug report so it is not overlooked.

> It's certainly very good to see so many more people contributing than before the
> 2.6 merge commenced. I hope the momentum carries forward to 3.0 after the 2.6
> cycle is done.

Nearly everything except pinning and COSS is in Suqid-3 already..

there is some also bugfixes in the 2.6 code not found in squid-3.

Regards
Henrik