Re: Problems with Limecast Server

From: Sven Köhler <skoehler_at_upb.de>
Date: Sat, 17 May 2008 18:51:03 +0200

> Well, the problem is now well-understood. Can you think of any way to
> identify that the request is going to result in a non-HTTP response?

No. The request will look normal. The request will come from any normal
HTTP-client like wget, FireFox, and the like.
(They are also FireFox plugins that might send requests to these stream
servers)

All i can think of (which doesn't lock out clients and such) is to
filter server-response based.

> There's a couple of possibilities that I can think of - either
> add support to squid to handle this, or add in logic to Squid
> to determine the request needs to be passed through, and possibly
> figure out a way to glue the connections together into a tunnel.
>
> Patches are welcome. :)

There aready is this HTTP 0.9 detection. I guess, that some code
determines, whether the first 4 Letters of the response are "HTTP" and
if not, it switches to HTTP 0.9 transformation.

So that place must be a good place for starting a response-based
pass-through patch.