Re: Stats with 1 minute resolution

From: Henrik Nordstrom <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2008 23:39:04 +0200

tis 2008-05-27 klockan 21:51 +1000 skrev Mark Nottingham:
> The cache manager exposes many statistics with a 5 minute and 60
> minute horizon, but operationally it's sometimes useful to have more
> fine-grained stats without analysing the logs.

Internaly the stats is kept for each minute, and exposed via SNMP where
the number of minutes is a parameter to the query.

> How do people feel about adding 1-minute stats; e.g., where
> appropriate in mgr:info, and maybe in a mgr:1min?

The number of minutes should probably be a parameter to the cachemgr
call just as it is in the SNMP interface to this same data..

> From a quick look at the code, it doesn't seem like a lot of work;
> the only concern that's immediately apparent to me is that modifying
> mgr:info may break some scripts that scrape it.

Quite unlikely as long as the old forms is still supported.

Regards
Henrik