Re: current state of bzr repository

From: Tsantilas Christos <chtsanti_at_users.sourceforge.net>
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 19:41:44 +0200

Amos Jeffries wrote:
> It's possibly version or system dependant. I've seen this myself, it was
> with g++, on either Solaris, CentOS, Ubuntu, or Debian, don't recall
> exactly which machine. But I have not used any non-gcc compilers for
> years. The one attempt to use Solaris native was a bust.
>
> I'm thinking to check if file contains only exactly "debug.cc" is probably
> cleaner and safer. That way we can ignore the cleaning process when
> compiler is already clean(er).

My opinion is that the BuildPrefixInit() function is not safe. I believe
that the best is to test the way the compiler uses the __FILE__ macro
in configure script and if required use the strrchr function.
But this is just my personal opinion...

>>> This is not possible at present. So long as admin have the option of
>>> specifying custom lists of FS (--enable-storeio) some of the FS may not
>>> exist at build time, and some custom ones we don't register in FsReg.cc
>>> may be added.
>>>
>>> The HAVE_* defines like those used for auth modules will have to be done
>>> for FsReg.cc first.
>> Currently the libaufs.a library is only one code line:
>> static StoreFSufs<UFSSwapDir> AufsInstance("DiskThreads", "aufs");
>>
>> Maybe the best is to remove the libaufs and libdiskd libraries and move
>> the declarations of AufsInstances DiskdInstance and UfsInstances in a
>> FsReg.cc file. Always using the required "HAVE_*" defines....
>>

> Um, check with Alex. There are things in configure.in auto-linking that
> need to be considered carefully with those FS.

OK I will try to implement something better and I will post it here.

>>> Also the DiskIO modules will need to be updated the same way and the
>>> DiskIO/DiskIOModules_gen.cc / pokeAllModules() hack will have to be
>>> removed at the same time.
>>>

>>> - The ntlm,basic digest schemes does not included in squid binary. A
>>> file like the src/AuthReg.cc in my patch should added
>>>
>>> Auth has the same problem as FS, but the HAVE_* hack kinkie added a
>>> while
>>> ago make your AuthReg an option now.
>>>

>>> Hm, I think we should carefully re-consider the use of globals now that
>>> we
>>> are explicitly forcing registration.
>>>
>>> For now okay. But the use of globals for reg needs a review
>> I agree.
>> What about the AuthReg.cc file? Should we wait other developers opinion?
>>

> For now I'm okay with AuthReg.cc .

If nobody has objections I will commit it. I hope this hack is OK.

--
     Christos