Re: Squid-3.2 status update

From: Henrik Nordström <henrik_at_henriknordstrom.net>
Date: Sat, 24 Sep 2011 15:46:59 +0200

tor 2011-09-22 klockan 16:27 +1200 skrev Amos Jeffries:

> Also, we have to decide now whether or not to drop COSS support from
> 3.2. Given that rock storage fills the same architectural niche of
> efficient in-memory disk backed persistent storage for small objects on
> high performance systems.

I see it extremely unlikely COSS would suddently get the attention it
needs after being broken for the whole 3.x series. Let it die. If
someone later want's to work on it then it can always be resurrected
again, and should then most likely be a redone forward port from Squid-2
instead of trying to patch up the old and known broken copy Squid-3 is
based on.

Regards
Henrik