Re: Generic helper I/O format

From: Amos Jeffries <squid3_at_treenet.co.nz>
Date: Thu, 05 Jul 2012 16:00:41 +1200

On 5/07/2012 11:10 a.m., Alex Rousskov wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 04:52 PM, Amos Jeffries wrote:
>> On 05.07.2012 08:34, Henrik Nordström wrote:
>>> ons 2012-07-04 klockan 13:02 -0600 skrev Alex Rousskov:
>> Alex,
>> before starting I went through each of the helper response styles we
>> have and documented exactly what comes and goes
>> (http://wiki.squid-cache.org/Features/AddonHelpers) to determined that
>> none of the response formats started with a token containing [a-z0-9]
>> then "=". We are *not* starting from a random-input state where <blob>
>> can overlap with <key>.
> I thought you wanted a general format. I agree that current bodies will
> not clash with current keys.

General as in shared by all helpers yes. Preferably where we can add
fields at will in future without having to code around positioning of
specific details and special cases.

The blob only exists in this discussion for two reasons; the old helpers
backward compatibility requires it, and you wanted to discuss a "body"
field for the responses. Even not understanding properly the specifics
of why you wanted to discuss it I dont think its a good idea since we
can key-pair and encode anything new.

If we can agree on making it key-pair across the board for all the
details which might be passed back we can move on.

Amos