Re: why so many duplicate url's purged?

From: Christian Balzer <cb@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 1996 00:29:40 +0100 (MET)

Gareth Blades wrote:

>Enclosed is a section from out squid cache log file for version
>1.0.15.
>
>When I looked at the size of our cache today it's size was much
>smaller than I suspected. So I had a look at the cache log and found
>a very large number of 'duplicate url's purged' and 'swapfile clashes
>avoided'.
>
>Normally there are no 'duplicate url's purged' and only a few
>'swapfile clashes avoided'.
>
>Has anyone any idea why this happened?

This happened to me twice in the early beta 1.1 days, I'd suggest
you upgrade to the latest 1.0 or better to 1.1.0, as I haven't seen
this bug since back then...

Dewa,

<CB>

--
  // <CB> aka Christian Balzer, Tannenstr. 23c, D-64342 Seeheim, Germany
\X/  CB@brewhq.swb.de | Voice: +49 6257 83036, Fax/Data: +49 6257 83037