udp_incoming/outgoing address

From: Florian F. Sauerteig <ffs@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 10:38:00 +0100

Hi there !

As beeing a newbie on this list please don't blame me if this questions was
already answered:

I just upgraded from 1.1.5 to 1.1.8 (on a Sparc/Solaris 2.5.1 environment)
and now can't use the udp_incoming_address, udp_outgoing_address parameters
anymore. As soon as i define an IP-Address (or name) here squid dumps his
core after several seconds of operation without any useable debug messages.
This worked with 1.1.5.
I didn't want to dig in the code and first wanted to ask here in the list
which modification since 1.1.5 might cause the problem. I also wonder since
ever what the exact meaning of this remark means:

# NOTE, udp_incoming_address and udp_outgoing_address can not have
# the same value since they both use port 3130.

Setting these both to the same value always worked before but i'm not sure
why ;-)

regards,

Florian Sauerteig

ccn - computer consultant network gmbh fon: +49 89 219996-0 email:info@ccn.net