Stoopid kwestion...

From: Matthew Petach <mattp@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 1997 11:02:21 -0700 (PDT)

I know y'all are going to tell me to RTFM, so I'll just
pull out a whip and flog myself as pennance first anyhow,
but I've got a really stupid configuration question:

Is it possible to configure squid to transparently
intercept ALL http and ftp requests and cache/proxy
them without having to modify the end user's browser
settings? I.e., all traffic on port 80 on a given
link would have to pass through a squid server running
on port 80, which would transparently respond to the
query without the end browser having to re-formulate
the query in cache-friendly manner.

If it simply can't be done, we'll go ahead and write
our own, I was just hoping squid would have that
capability.

Thanks!

Matt

--
InterNex Information Services   |           Matthew Petach
Network Engineering             |           mpetach@internex.net