storeStartDeleteBehind...

From: Gert-Jan Looy <gj@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 1997 13:09:37 +0200

Squiders,

I have a very frequent problem with squid 1.1.16 on a svr4.
At least a dozen times per hour the connection between our
internal squid cache and our external squid cache is lost.
(no peers to query and the host is outside... etc)
This connection loss takes about 1 minute to re-establish
again.

I noticed that most of the time one of the last messages on
the outside box in cache.log is "storeStartDeleteBehind ....."

It is possible that this proccess makes squid falling a sleep
so that it doesnot respond to queries anymore?

Anyone any experience with this?
Any tuning possible?

Thanks!

Gert-Jan Looy Unix SysAdm Siemens / SNI Nederland N.V.

E-mail: gj@siemens.nl Phone: +31 70 333 2982 / Fax: 2948