First Cache, Last Proxy

From: Richard Neal G. Plana <richip@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 22:43:18 +0800 (HKT)

Hi,

Newbie question here (sorry).

Is it possible to configure Squid to use a proxy cache of FirstRestort and
Last Resort? I'm thinking of putting up two proxy caches on our two
upstream links to the Internet (A and B). I want proxy A to choose B as
its cache of FirstResort. This would mean it would look to proxy B for a
give object first. If it cannot find it there, it would try to get the
object from its home site itself. However, if it finds that it cannot do
that (ie. the line goes down, problem with routes, etc.), it will turn to
B as proxy of LastResort.

Any help in any form (config scripts, pointers to docs, etc.) would be
appreciated.

(Hi, MigsP. You still on this list? Any suggestions?)

L L Richi Plana 8^) ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-,-. ,-
LL LL Systems Administrator / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
LLLLL Mosaic Communications, Inc. \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / / \ \ / /
LLLLL mailto:richip@mozcom.com `-'-' `-'-' `-'-' `-'-'
P G P Key available at http://www2.mozcom.com/~richip/richip.asc