Re: FTP Client Help

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 1997 23:48:20 +0200

Squid is a HTTP proxy, with gateway support to FTP and GOPHER servers.
All clients have to speak HTTP.

Generally HTTP is only supported by browsers, but I have heard rumors
that some FTP clients have HTTP implemented as well (to make them useful
behind a HTTP proxy like Squid)?

So, yes, Squid can do what you want, provided that you use a HTTP client
to fetch the FTP objects. Standard FTP clients speak native FTP and
can't be used to fetch things thougth a HTTP proxy by obvious reasons.

---
Henrik Nordström