Re: Squid 1.1.15 segment violation

From: Bill Wichers <billw@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 1997 13:46:24 -0400 (EDT)

On my only BSDI cache I managed to get Squid to run OK by doing the
following:

cache_mem 8 (1/4 or the machine's total RAM)
cache_mem_low 40
cache_mem_high 60

It took me several weeks to get the settings right for that machine -- it
would keep crashing at random, and then I'd tweak the settings and wait
for the next crash....

On the other cache I had running BSDI I fixed it 100%. I switched it to
Linux ;-) I have had much better luck running Squid on Linux than I have
running Squid on BSDI. If switching OSes is an option for you, it would
make things easier squid-wise.

        -Bill