RE: ADVICE NEEDED: Netscape Proxy Server with Squid Server as a parent

From: Chris Keladis <chrisk@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 16 Apr 1998 09:52:33 +1000

Hi Dusan,

As far as i know no NT applications (barring Squid for NT currently under
development i think :-) ) support ICP.

ICP is the protocol used to "talk" to other cache's. I know MS Proxy Server
2.0 uses another protocol which abbreviation escapes my mind at the moment..
I assume Netscape Proxy server would be compatible with MS Proxy 2.0's
protocol rather than Squid's. (Is it MCP ?)

Your best bet would probably be to find out what is going on the with
development of Squid for WinNT (i've seen a few emails saying it's been
ported but havent really looked at it's availability), and install some
Squids for NT and use ICP between them.

With the addition of Squid for NT, i think Squid is vastly becoming one of
the most configurable, flexible & economical, proxy servers out there, keep
up the great work guys/gals! :-)

Regards, Chris.