Re: Squid 2.0.PATCH2

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 1998 21:30:05 +0100

nbc Networks wrote:

> i am using tproxyd with debian 2 there is no real options with it..
> it just forwards.. any ideas?
> all it runs is this
>
> $DAEMON -- -t -s 81 -r nobody proxy.nbcnet.com.au 8080

Don't use -t, it won't work.
And compile tproxy without -DDNS_LOOKUPS to get the most transparent
behaviour (or some old clients may behave differently when behind the
proxy, usually on the positive side but not always).

If you run Squid on the same host as the redirection then you don't need
transproxy.

You should also know that tproxy 0.4 does NOT work properly when used in
conjunction with Squid 2. See my Squid page for a alternative approach
http://hem.passagen.se/hno/squid/

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker