Re: What switches to use?

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 1999 15:23:32 +0100

Per.E.Berger@telia.se wrote:

> My simple question is this; when I compile squid, what switches should
> I use? I have installed the cache using only the "prefix=<path>", do
> you recommend anything else? Is there somewhere a list over which
> options are available?

--prefix is about the only option needed unless you have special needs.
Run configure --help to get a complete list of configure options.

The most interesting ones are:
  --enable-snmp Enable SNMP monitoring
  --enable-cache-digests Use Cache Digests
                          see
http://squid.nlanr.net/Squid/FAQ/FAQ-16.html

Most of the other switches are experimental or special purpose.

---
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker