Slightly off-topic: SmartFilter problems

From: Williams Jon <WilliamsJon@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 1999 14:09:50 -0600

I'm using Squid 2.1-Patch2 on Solaris 2.6 with SecureComputing's SmartFilter
database of URLs for blocking. Its been working fairly well for several
weeks, but some times when I get an updated control file, the blocking works
only for an hour or two and then stops blocking anything. Has anyone run
into this problem? I'm supposed to launch in production to a couple
thousand users tomorrow night, so I'm a bit anxious about this glitch.

Thanks,

Jon Williams Speed of lightning,
Public Network Access Roar of thunder,
Deere & Company Fighting those who