Re: squid2.1p2 losing parents on reconfig?

From: Sid Baldwin <Sid.Baldwin@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:57:25 +0000 (GMT)

I've had the same problem. squid -k interrupt (or
shutdown if you want to be polite) followed by squid is the
only way I've managed to start re-talking to both my
parents.

On Fri, 29 Jan 1999 14:31:15 +0100
bad+squid-users@klicman.de wrote:

> Jens-Uwe Mager <jum@ra.han.de> writes:
> > On Thu, Jan 28, 1999 at 05:54:02PM +0100, bad+squid-users@klicman.de wrote:
> >
> > > Whenever I do a "squid -k reconfig" squid2.1p2+memleakpatch stops
> > > sending ICP queries to the parents and all fetches become direct.
> > > Adding or removing and readding parents from the config file doesn't
> > > help.
> >
> > I have seen the same, although it started to use the parents again after
> > some timeout. May be wait 5 minutes and look again?
>
> No, it doesn't start using the parents again.

Sid Baldwin
 Web Services Administrator
 University of the West of England
Tel: 0117 9656261 ext. 2345