Refreshing log

From: Antony <antony@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 06 Sep 1999 17:26:29 +1000

Hi

Section 7.3 of the FAQ talks about starting Squid with a clean cache and
says to use -z or remove the log file.

I have a cache that has a large amount of data in it and I'm installing
STABLE4, so I'd like to rebuild the log file, thus removing 'stale'
objects.

The FAQ isn't clear on this. If I rmeove the log file, will it simply
rebuild it from the disk entries or will I lose the records (thus the
data)?

If it won't, how can I rebuild the log file (removing stale objects etc)
without losing the data?

Thanks,
Antony.

 Antony Healey       ISOC-AU Founding Member     Ph:  +61 2 8584 4999
 General Manager             & Director          Fax: +61 2 9692 9960
 Healey Communications Australia  --  Giving you the world...