Re: How to increase neighbour timeout selection?

From: Dancer <dancer@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 10 Sep 1999 23:53:08 +1000

Vladimir Larkin wrote:

> Hello!
>
> How to increase neighbour timeout selection from tow seconds to any
> other value?
> In old versions of Squid was a neighbour_timeout directive. How can I do
> it in 2.2STABLE4?
>
> Thnx for help!
>
> Vladimir Larkin, CIT Vostok WebAdm

I quote from the squid.conf:

# TAG: icp_query_timeout (msec)
# Normally Squid will automatically determine an optimal ICP
# query timeout value based on the round-trip-time of recent ICP
# queries. If you want to override the value determined by
# Squid, set this 'icp_query_timeout' to a non-zero value. This
# value is specified in MILLISECONDS, so, to use a 2-second
# timeout (the old default), you would write:
#
# icp_query_timeout 2000
#
#icp_query_timeout 0