Re: Trouble with time

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 1999 14:43:53 +0200

As far as I know the time ACL uses localtime, not GMT.

A probable cause if your Squid seems to base time ACLs on GMT is that
Squid isn't picking up your local time zone.

As a test: Edit one of your error pages and include the text

<P>GMT: %T<BR>
LocalTime: %t</P>

Then cause this error page to be displayed.

If both prints GMT(UTC) time then the timezone setup for your host is
not right.

No, Squid does not have it's own definition of timezones. It uses the
standard time functions provided by libc. In the case of time ACL it is
the function localtime().

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Spare time Squid hacker