Re: config tuning question

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 09:17:11 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

We were running an Pentium II/350, 256MB RAM, SCSI disk, FreeBSD 3.2, and
handling 880,000 hits per day. The load average never got over about 0.5.

I used past tense above because we've just paired that box with a PIII/450
mostly for redundancy but also to double the cache size.

I haven't done any tuning of the system.

In other words, your alpha is going to be bored.

Colin

--
Colin Campbell
Unix Support/Postmaster/Hostmaster