Squid 2.2STABLE5 and Slow FTP

From: <tomas.carlsson@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 11:03:34 +0200

Hi,
I have setup a SQUID cache and I am experiencing very slow FTP transfers
when going through the SQUID compared to when connected directly. I have
a Compaq DS20 with 2*450MHz EV6 processors and 1 GB of RAM and 4 GB disk
space for SQUID running on Tru64 V5 (Digital Unix).

I would appreciate if someone could give me some pointers on possible
items to tune or re-configure when FTP is slow (>25% of direct
connection).

Thanks in advance

/TC