Re: Sudden high load!

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 09:18:34 +0200

At 02:33 AM 10/23/99 +0200, Tais M. Hansen wrote:
>From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@hem.passagen.se>
> > Tais M. Hansen wrote:
> > > I've noticed that Squid, after about a months uninterrupted run,
> > > suddenly takes all the CPU time it can get. It also gets extremely
> > > slow serving pages.

I have a similar issue with:

- Squid-2.2STABLE5 (was also there in STABLE3)
- Solaris-2.6
- 3GB cache
- 1 Sibling (digest)
- Async I/O

The same version flies on a different machine running Solaris-2.5 with
almost 5 times the load, 12G cache, 1 sibling and 2 parents.

It looks like an active wait loop somewhere.

Marc van Selm

> > What Squid version are you using?
>
>Squid 2.2stable4.
>
> > How is it build?
>
>The usual way i.e. no special configuration.
>
> > On what OS?
>
>Linux 2.2.10 (slackware)
>
> > To help finding out what the problem might be can you please get a debug
> > trace next time it happens:
>
>I'll give it a whirl - but it'll probably take some time before it happens
>again!
>
>--
>Tais M. Hansen

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency
Communication Systems Division, A-Branch
Tel: +31 70 3142454
E-mail: marc.van.selm@nc3a.nato.int
Private: selm@cistron.nl, selm@het.net, http://www.cistron.nl/~selm