RE: Transparent proxying woes (IOS 11.1(12) on a 4500)

From: Chris Tilbury <Chris.Tilbury@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 14 Jun 2000 20:21:16 +0100

Having to change the default gateway on approximately 4,500 machines far
more disruptive than fixing a broken access-group. There are other networks
on that router, as it turns out, and whilst we're stopping ourselves from
being attacked using addresses spoofed to appear as us, we're not stopping
those other networks from being attacked with addresses spoofed to appear as
us.

We've already got ipfilter loaded on the box (which is a Sun), needed for
the NAT setup to make this work.

Cheers,

Chris

--
Chris Tilbury, IT Services, University of Warwick, Coventry, UK
PHONE: 024 7652 3365 / FAX: 024 7652 2367 / MAIL: