RE: [SQU] Squid used in Compaq Neoserver?

From: Tony Melia <Tony.Melia@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 17:16:40 +1000

The reason I discovered this is because of a strange problem.

Users of this neoserver can access compaq.com and the servers local intranet
page, but nothing else (it does have a external modem and connects ok, and
sends mail ok). This happens on 2 servers, so it is not a user config
problem (besides, there is no interface to configure anything on the
server).

Squid (1.1.21 using NTLM)reports TCP_DENIED/400 for any sites other than
compaq.com.

Because I cannot see the squid.conf, I have to guess, here is my theory.

The NTLM module is not working, resulting in users being denied access to
every site, except (for marketing purposes) the public site of compaq.com.
I saw reports of problems with CHAP and win98 on various newsgroups, but
nothing specific.

Does this sound plausible, if so, had anybody had similar experiences with
NTLM and squid 1??

Regards,
Tony