Re: [SQU] squid won't cache

From: Elliot Finley <lists@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2000 21:31:42 -0700

Just to follow up to my own message. My cache is now working. I
searched the archives and was unable to find an answer as to why my
cache wasn't caching. there were lots of questions regarding this,
but no answers. So I hope this helps someone.

The only things that I changed between when it wasn't working to when
it was, was the following:

I changed my refresh pattern to:

refresh_pattern . 1440 20% 4320
reload-into-ims

and I re-compiled squid and made one change. I changed from using
GNUregex to BSDregex.

I really don't think it was the refresh pattern, because my other one
should have cached more than this current one. So I would have to
think that it was the re-compile.