RE: [SQU] Allowing single users to access denied files

From: Martin Mielke <martinm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2001 10:46:17 +0100

Hello,

thanks for your reply.
Unfortunatelly it doesn't work for me :-(

> Hi Martin..
> You should use users name or IP if your local net have some
> statics ones to
> define Users acl and give them access..
>
> acl NoMp3 urlpath_regex -i \.mp3$ \.mpeg3$ \.ra$ \.ram$ \.mov$ \.qt$
> acl WorkTime time MTWHFA 08:00-20:00
> acl userName proxy_auth userName
> http_access allow userName
> http_access deny NoMp3 WorkTime
> http_access allow all

If I modify the squid.conf this way (replacing userName with martin),
whenever I try to access *any* website I'm asked to authenticate myself on
the proxy. Although I enter my login & passwd correctly, Squid keeps
complaining and doesn't let me through and I also need to enter a
login/passwd if I want to modify my passwd!...

Question A: which passwd is being used? the one in /etc/passwd?
Question B: is there any other solution to solve my problem?

Thanks again,

Martin