Re: File Descriptor Question

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 22:58:29 +0100

Byron Peterson wrote:

> checking Default FD_SETSIZE value... 256
> checking Maximum number of filedescriptors we can open... 7088
>
> How can a make Squid compile so that the Default FD_SETSIZE is larger than
> 256?

Squid automatically uses the higher value, except on platforms where it
is known that increasing FD_SETSIZE at compiletime is not fully
supported. Mac OS X seems to be one of those platforms. See the first
screenfuls of src/squid.h

Maybe the FD_SETSIZE value can be increased in the same way as on Linux
GLIBC: Edit the system header file definition. Usually in
/usr/include/sys/types.h or a similar file.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid hacker