[squid-users] Build options for single Squid v2.4 cache?

From: Steve Snyder <swsnyder@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 09:26:17 -0700

Hello.

I am using a single Squid v2.4STABLE1 cache. I have no relationships with
any other cache, either parent or sibling. With this configuration in
mind, I would like to ask a few questions.

1. The iffy documentation of the configuration options suggest that I don't
need the options below. True?

  --enable-htcp
  --enable-icmp
  --enable-carp

2. Is there any drawback to enabling options (like those above) that are
not used? That is, if I opt out of using these feature in squid.conf, am I
burdened somehow by having these features compiled into the code?

Thank you.