Re: [squid-users] Help: Unsupported Request Method and Protocol

From: Henrik Nordstrom <hno@dont-contact.us>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 00:20:01 +0200

You have to do a client-side redirect. This is done by returning 302:
before the URL from the redirector.

302:https://www.whatever.com/

If you don't do this you will be telling Squid to fetch the object using
https even if the client connected using http, which won't work as Squid
does not have support for http -> https gatewaying, and most likely is
not what you intended in the first place either.

--
Henrik Nordstrom
Squid Hacker