[squid-users] Stupid question!

From: Olivier LAUDREN <olivier.laudren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 19:37:17 +0200

Hello all,

I'm really a beginner on linux (and unix systems) and I'm trying to
start (Yes! Just start) squid. The process is created (I typed "ps ax
|grep squid"), I can see it during few seconds and it disappears. I
tried to find a log file for explanation but none exists (I typed the
command "locate *.log" after a "/etc/cron.daily/slocate.cron"). So I
downloaded the 2.4 version, compiled it and installed it but for the
same result. Why?
I'm sorry if this question is to much stupid but I'm really fed up to
look for the answer on the web and I'm not able to find the solution by
myself.

Thank you.