Re: [squid-users] Cannot browse!

From: Marc van Selm <marc.van.selm@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 06 Jul 2001 09:30:30 +0200

At 10:58 AM 7/5/01 +0800, walter wrote:
>hello, i have problem on my proxy server, im using squid for about 2
>months and i encounter no problem, but this past few days it cannot browse
>on all of the site anymore! i try the command "nslookup" to resolve if the
>problem is on my DNS, i found this error!
>
>[root@super etc]# nslookup
>*** Can't find server name for address 127.0.0.1: No response from server
>*** Default servers are not available

The dns server on this box is not running. Squid can not help that but it
will suffer the concequences.

>pls. anybody knows how to fix my problem thanks in advance!
>
>walter :)

Marc van Selm
NATO C3 Agency, CSD/A

** -- This mail is personal -- **
** All statements in this mail are made from my own **
** personal perspective and do not necessarily reflect **
** my employer's opinions or policies. **