[squid-users] RE: cache_dir problems

From: John C. Gale <John_Gale@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 11:10:30 -0400

> Subject: cache_dir problems
> Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 15:15:49 +0100
> From: Torsten.Lange@GECITS-EU.COM

> the problem is that my cache_dirs always fill up to 100% disk
> space and squid crashes.

Torsten -

Check the number of blocks per inode. Change it to something
suitable based on objects in your cache. I think I set my system
to 1 inode per 4 (1K) blocks (and set the system space to 1%).

Lots of small files will consume all the available inodes before
the disk is out of "space" and squid will crash because it's
cleanup routines never ran their reclamation process.

Alternately, reduce the cache size and don't even touch your
disk (might be necessary if other data is on the same partition).

- John

--
Put not your trust in money, but put your money in trust.