RE: [squid-users] Instant Messaging on Exchange 2000 with Squid

From: Olivier LAUDREN <olivier.laudren@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 14:20:45 +0200

In fact, IE5 on the clients are configured to use Squid but not IM. I
found some interesting informations by a packet sniffer; the clients try
to connect to the Exchange Server but, I don't know why, is redirected
to the proxy server and here is a sample of a packet (only datas, after
the TCP header):
SUBSCRIBE http://dc2/instmsg/aliases/hdlebas HTTP/1.1
Subscription-Lifetime: 14400
Notification-Type: pragma/notify
Call-Back: http://192.168.0.161:1135
Well. Is there somebody who know this "SUBSCRIBE", it's not a GET or
POST but a "SUBSCRIBE"... To my mind, it's the reason why Squid reject
the packet;
HTTP/1.0 400 Bad Request
But no other connexions appear so I think that this IM client only works
with HTTP but a little bit strange HTTP connexion.
What do you think about it?

Thank you.

Best regards.

Olivier LAUDREN