Re: [squid-users] squid + Intel STL2 and slow performance after few hours

From: Joe Cooper <joe@dont-contact.us>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2001 23:12:33 -0500

I don't have any specific STL 2 information, but we have begun shipping
machines running on the ServerSet III platform on Tyan Thunder 2510
motherboards (same chipset and ethernet chip as the STL2, but a
different SCSI controller), with and without dual processors. They work
  beautifully. I benched a dual 933 MHz processor box with dual 10k
SCSI disks an 1GB of RAM at 300 reqs/sec, and CPU loads around 70%/50%.
  I expect a couple more drives would have taken it up another ~100
req/sec or more before CPU became an issue. This box was for a website
  accelerator, so it didn't really need much in the way of drive
throughput.

Good luck.

                                   --
                      Joe Cooper <joe@swelltech.com>