Re: [squid-users] Proxying a Java App

From: Colin Campbell <sgcccdc@dont-contact.us>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 11:38:18 +1000 (EST)

Hi,

On Sun, 29 Jul 2001, Mike Diggins wrote:

> A local library has a site that uses a Java Applet for their online
> catalog. It requires that port 5050 be open according to the website. I'm
> unable to connect to this site through Squid 2.4S1. Is there anyway to
> make this work?
>
> If it helps, the site is:
>
> http://206.130.179.62/index.shtml

Squid is an HTTP proxy. Nothing more, nothing less (well it does do FTP
but the basic premise is true).

If you have appications that need servicing, you can

a) use the squid box as a router and just let the traffic through
(not recommended if you care about security)

b) allow the application to pass through a firewall of some description

Colin