[squid-users] Authenticator needs more knowledge

From: Michael Meiszl <Michael@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2001 12:31:35 +0200

Hi,
I'm running squid with an (self written) authenticator program.
This worked fine over the last year, but now management likes to restrict the users even more.
They want to limit the validity of the account to the workstation's IP adress (or a range
of addresses).
So the authenticator programm needs to know from which IP address the request origninated.
Squid obviously knows from where it was called, but the external authenticator is only
feeded with username/password pair of data.

Is there a legal way for an external program to get the knowledge or do I have to hack auth.c to change the request (which I do not like to do, until forced to ) ?

MAM