RE: [squid-users] Slow downloads

From: David Glennie <david@dont-contact.us>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2001 09:17:09 +0100

Check if squid is trying to cache the download file first.
Squid is set to cache files above and below a certain size. If the max size
is set too high and your download file is smaller than the max, squid will
cache the download before sending it to you. This makes a download take
twice as long. Any file above the max will not be cached but will be sent to
you directly.

We currently have the max file size set to 4mb and our downloads are more
than fast enough.

Hope this helps

David.
  _____

David Glennie
Systems Engineer
Pisys Ltd.
Tel: (+44) 1224 332014
Tel: (+44) 1224 338350 (Direct)
Fax: (+44) 1224 332055
david@pisys.co.uk <mailto:david@pisys.co.uk>
http://www.pisys.co.uk <http://www.pisys.co.uk/>

All views or opinions expressed in this message are solely those of the
author.
Pisys Ltd accepts no responsibility for its contents unless specifically
stated otherwise.

If you have received this message in error, please notify the sender and
delete the message immediately.
  _____