Re: [squid-users] Need help

From: Mark Tinka <aknit44@dont-contact.us>
Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2001 23:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

yes u can actually.... it's called a regex .. u need to make an access list of what you don't need downloaded, then set and http access or deny statement... for instance, in your case, to deny the downloading of .zip files, u would do this...

acl nozips urlpath_regex -i \.zip$
http_access deny nozips

this will ensure that any file name with a .zip extension will not be downloaded, or allowed through if one is using the cache server to get on line..

good luck..

AKNIT

--- Jeremy Katz <jeremy.katz@printsoft.com>
> wrote:
>Could someone please let me know if you can use squid to stop people
>downloading particular filetypes? Eg. zip, exe etc.
>If so how do you do it?
>
>Thanks Jeremy

Be different Get yourself a Globenetcafe.net email ID
Uganda's Newest internet cafe www.globenetcafe.net