RE: [squid-users] howto interprete NTLM tcpdumb data

From: Chemolli Francesco (USI) <ChemolliF@dont-contact.us>
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 15:37:21 +0200

> Hi all,
>
> I am running squidv2.5DEV with NTLM. I tuned my configuration.
> At this moment NTLM still keeps popping up his auth boxes
> regularly and my
> log mentions every minute Netbios Error 4 and Netbios Error 3
> codes. The
> logfile on the NT BDC (close to the proxy) was about 4Mb for
> only about 3
> hours.
>
> I have run 'tcpdumb host BDC'. Would anyone be so kind to help me out
> analyzing this data (what it means) and telling me how I can
> get better
> performance of using NTLM. I really appreciate it.

Use ethereal as a sniffer, it has very good protocol inspection
capabilities.

It's a semi-known problem, with no known solution. I'm planning
to write a new helper that uses domain membership rather than
SMB_SessSetupAndX to tackle the issue, but it will take time, which
right now I don't have..

--
	/kinkie